Monday, January 12, 2009

Radar Web

I couldn't help but notice last week, the plethora of State Troopers tagging speeders on the Turnpike just outside of my building. Normally they get a couple of stops a day (like today, they had 3), but Friday they had to have tagged over 10 in the 8 hours i was at my desk, 5 of them were the big rigs. I couldn't help but think to myself, ' wow? where are they hiding to catch all of these victims?'

Well, at 4pm i found out myself!

I was driving NB on the Turnpike heading to Kyle's after work, when i found the little sneak or two. There are over-passes that are specifically used by the Troopers and the other Turnpike vehicles to cross over from NB to SB and vis-a-vis. One Trooper was sitting in the top corner of the SB side of this ramp spinning his radar web on the unsuspecting prey below. Had it not been for my vigilant eye radar (i'm always scoping for those tricksters) i never would have noticed, and therefore would not have been able to understand how the guy that passed me doing mach 90 got nailed going NB on the inner roadway!

Somewhere in their intricate strands lies another Trooper (where, i don't know) that takes it's signal from the Funnel-web Trooper spinning the web. I call this guy the worker Trooper because he/she literally does all the work. My 'spin' on it is that the Trooper spinning the web signals to the worker trooper which prey to catch and why. I'm thinking, if they are REALLY hungry, they can pick and choose the bigger prey, which in my case was a plus!
I had just entered the roadway and was cruising with the slower traffic (80 MPH, no joke is slow) i switched over to the middle lane when another car zipped past me on the left leaving me breathless from the pressure as he passed. It was at this point that i noticed the funnel-web trooper lying in wait for his prey (kind of reminded me of Need For Speed Underground when everything stops and the camera zooms in on the cop car). Shortly there-after the worker trooper zips passed me on the right and tags the guy that passed me on the left. WOW! talk about FAST! Where did that guy come from?!?

After witnessing this event my thoughts quickly turned to a couple of weeks ago when i was headed to work off my normal route. I was traveling at a meager 30 MPH, and as I approached a hill, I noticed a light bar on the left side on the roadway which i eventually noticed was attached to a black and white funnel Cop. I made it through his web unscathed, but took notice after i passed that any prey traveling in the opposing lane didn't stand a chance as the only part of him you could see was the extreme left corner of his red tail lens. He spun his web perfectly parallel to the roadway! Now this is just me, but i'm thinking any car that needs to turn down the side street that he spun his web on was going to t-bone him as he wasn't parked on the curb or another area, he parked right in the middle of the side street entrance?? hmmm.. ok he must have been hungry i guess.

My focus now turns to Kyle and all of the spots he's shown me he sits lying in wait, spinning his radar web for his unsuspecting prey to entangle themselves. There are a few of them around bends, hidden in bushes and places like that that even with my trained eye I would never see. Thankfully, i know him or else i'd be eaten alive! It helps to see those spots so when i talk to him at night and he tells me where he's spinning his web i have a visual. Wow i'm jealous.. I want to be a spider for a night, heck i'd be happy with 6 hours. I was going to say one but who are we fooling? Give me an inch i'll want a mile.
Now for my final note: All you popo's are going to be picturing spiders now when you run radar aren't ya? lol BE SAFE OUT THERE! You never know what's gonna crawl in through your window!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! :) lol....Okay, so yeah, I guess it is like spinning a web. Trust me, it is a blast to do!!

    ReplyDelete

Add to Technorati Favorites