Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Facebook Phenom

I got sucked into the black hole, (or as my cousing calls it 'the procrastination black hole'). I believe that is how the phenom starts.. you just get 'sucked in' like a giant black hole.. soon everyone in the world is connected to someone in this place.. It's like the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.. Same shit.

I just couldn't, for the longest time, understand everyone's obsession with this virtual written conference call. I have a MySpace page that i haven't logged into in, oh.. a generation.. So WTF do i need to have yet ANOTHER account for? Well, then Kyle got an account, and he was all excited and showed some things to me.. like EVERYONE he's ever known is a friend now.. hmm.. ok this seems bigger and easier than MySpace. So what started off as something i had to 'just look' at, (and in order to do that you have to create an account), turned into a quick-sandesque ambush.

I found people that i haven't seen or heard from, literally, since early childhood. So now I HAVE TO make friend requests. Kyle sent people my way. He also, (how cute), sent me a boyfriend/girlfriend link so now all that visit our pages know we are together as a couple.. I was hysterically laughing this morning because it felt so high schoolish.. which i guess would be fitting since most of the people i am connecting too would be around the high school era! But it was cute, and i loved it.

I went through my high school alumni friends and wow.. i think i'm the only one without a kid.. Almost all the women are married with kids.. guys too! i feel so left out! but then again i was always the runt of the group lol so i guess it's just as fitting that i'm not a part of that either. I guess you can look at it as i'm the Belle of the Ball last one to arrive and makes the loudest noise lol! anywho, back on track..

I'm still searching for people this very minute.. I found some people (i think) but they either don't have their locations, pictures, or both so i don't want to just friend request anyone. I'll hold off, because like i said before.. the 6 degree of separation rule applies here.. so if they know someone i'm already friends with the damn thing will tell us we have a friend in common.. Holy Crap it's scary.. and it makes the world seem even smaller that you originally though it was! We need a bigger planet.. I'm feeling clausterphobic.

1 comment:

  1. We just got an account. But weirdly enough there are very few people from my high school there. Quite a few from my beloved Corps, but not high school. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete

Add to Technorati Favorites