Saturday, December 20, 2008

Random Ramblings

This weekend is both productive and annoying at the same time.
The annoyance comes from the weather.. Now I'm all for a nice white velvety blanket of snow on the grass and such for Christmas, but this is nuts.. We got about 8 inches from yesterday's storm. I did A LOT of shoveling.. my back is shot now, but that's my fault. Kyle told me not to, but i didn't want to do it AFTER it all fell and iced up.. just makes it heavier. so i did about 60% of the driveway while he was getting ready for work and for an hour after he left. He kindly finished when he got home from work this morning. Anywho, I just read the weather report on weathertap and now they are calling for ANOTHER 2-5 inches in the area I'm in starting tonight into tomorrow, finishing as sleet or rain and the temps are going to drop to 15 degrees.. OK, since the wonderful DPWs of every town in the God Forsaken state can't properly remove snow from secondary and tertiary streets we will now have MILES and MILES of winding ice skating rinks until Wednesday when the temps get to the 40's.. How my commute to work is going to go Monday morning has yet to be seen, but i promise you this.. I will take yet another day off (or at least a 1/2 day) if i can't safely get to work. Nothing is worth it.. well maybe if i was President of the US but that's about it.

So other than shoveling this weekend I've done 4 loads of laundry, grocery shopping (butt crack of dawn on Friday before the devastation-that's what the news calls it anyway) hit, cooked 2 dinners, cleaned out the fridge, and i started painting the basement. I put the bottom coats on the main wall. I have yet to blend for the water effect as my back is just about done. Kyle is at work, and i watched COPS already.. so i decided to bake a banana cake.. Smells awesome around here lol. OH! that reminds me! i have to marinate the roast for tomorrow! SHOOT! I meant to start that last night.. oh well.. I've been busy lol.

If this is any indication of what this winter is going to be like, I'm calling BS on the whole Global Warming thing. Also, it's just going to be a LONG 3-4 months.. ugh..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites