Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Almost too embarrassed:UPDATE

To post this in my Tara's Tastes blog..

Today i received an "out-of-the-blue" recipe from Kyle's Grandmother out of state for a rum cake. We were chatting via e-mail for about a week or so now, and she told me she was baking a cake for Christmas dinner and jotted down the recipe. Well, thankfully she did because my company is having a dessert contest tomorrow afternoon and i was stumped on what to make!



So i made the cake.. it's smells awesome and.. well.. it kind of looks funny! lol It's a bundt cake, and i never saw a bundt cake do this! I just HAVE to post this because I'm besides myself!

Anyone have any clues? I've made a gazillion bundt cakes (only cakes i like to make) and this has never happened!

It almost looks like two cakes on top of each other! lol
(there's nuts on the top if you were wondering what that was)
UPDATE:
The contest was very well judged. My Rum Cake (that i topped with powdery confectioners sugar) got an honorable mention, although he said he couldn't taste the rum. Which is fine because the tequila in the tequila lime tart someone else made couldn't be tasted either lol.
He picked a German cake for the winner (of course! he's German!) and the winner has to judge the contest next year.. she is of Hispanic decent so i will be hitting up those recipes to perfect for next year! HA HA! I'm on to this one! Two can play at this game! BRING IT!

2 comments:

  1. Hey
    The polls are open for the Best Police blogs....Please post to let your readers know so they can go and vote....
    http://thebestpoliceblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Add to Technorati Favorites