Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just in Time for the Holidays

An indictment for drunk driving. http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20081212/NEWS/81212012

Only this DUI case involves a now deceased officer.
Officer Thomas Raji was killed August 22, 2008 by the accused (Sean McGuirk) after he ran a red light and collided with Officer Raji's patrol vehicle.

Officer Raji graduated the academy with my SO, I never met the man, but it still hurt knowing he knew him and that this officer will no longer see his family, friends, and yet-to-be-born baby. My prayers STILL go out to that family and i hope this indictment brings them closer to some semblance of closure.
Original Story can be found here: http://www.lawofficer.com/news-and-articles/in-memoriam/Officer_Thomas_Raji.html;jsessionid=F1DBD8784222A710103DD51AB3DE22AC

I know the intersection very well. I go through it twice a week. To run those two stop lights is near impossible. You are either DRUNK or impatient as the first red light is about 50 feet from the 2nd and the 2nd is in between the north and south lanes of the highway.

Officer Raji's road side memorial now marks the spot where his patrol vehicle came to a stop. It's very very very sad. I thank the bank that allows the memorial to stay, to this day, on their property.

2 comments:

  1. I remember this story. So tragic!
    I hate it when the innocent are killed by a drunk driver - and even more so when that victim is an officer.
    I am lucky. I survived the accident where the drunk driver hit me head on at over 70mph. The drunk was DOA. Will be 2 years this Dec 29th.

    ReplyDelete

Add to Technorati Favorites