Thursday, October 9, 2008

FOUR!!!!

WOW! WHAT A GOLF LESSON TODAY!!!
Just call me Tigress Woods.. lol

I got in the grove by going to Charlie Browns right after work to enjoy a REALLY GOOD salad and to sit down and read the latest GOLF magazine i received in the mail the other day.. Sergio Garcia is the featured Golfer and i read about Anthony Kim too.. Now I'm TOTALLY in the mind set to take lessons tonight..

Raj and I were the first and only two students there for a while so we had George all to ourselves. He showed us the computer where it takes a video of the golfer.. he showed us pro golfers and how they tee off.. REALLY interesting stuff.. stuff you can't see on TV because it goes WAY to fast.. this machine shows frame by frame what the golfer is doing etc.. Wicked cool stuff! With that he sent us up to our cages for the next hour and 15 minutes. What helped me on my first address was the tip my mom's beau gave me at dinner the other night.. He told me to put a tee 12 inches from the front and rear of the ball and that will help me keep my club straight.. Well i didn't put the tees down, but i visualized it in my head and it worked! George spent about 10 good minutes with me and was instantly happy with my first address and shot.. perfectly straight about 75 yards.. a much bigger improvement from the week prior, and with very little effort.

I was in a BAD funk last week.. don't know why.. but i was topping the ball every single time.. i was frustrated, and the more frustrated i got the worse it got.. my head was WAY to into it.. hold the club this way, bring it back this way, shift your weight, move your hips, blah blah . wah wah wah.. Charlie Brown! OMG it was an atrocity!!! (hmm that sounded eerily like a news cast.. ATROCITY! lol) but i digress.

Today, all the stars must have been in alignment because i sure was.. From the grip on the club to my contact.. i plowed that sucker 125 yards in the air and it was dead on balls straight.. with my 5 iron.. i didn't know a 5 iron can make a ball go that far! I'm still learning about all THAT math stuff with irons, hybrids, woods etc.. so if i sound like i don't know what I'm talking about it's because i don't lol. You may ask.. wow one good shot huh? NOPE, my friends.. out of a jumbo bucket and a 1/2 i can honestly say an ENTIRE jumbo bucket was dedicated to perfect shots.. My teacher was very impressed with my performance this week. Most of the time he wasn't watching me because he was tending to the others but he HEARD my shots.. " I don't need to see you swing, i can HEAR it. It's the perfect sound of club head meeting the ball and then i hear you say ever so quietly wooooooooww.. straight as an arrow. That's when i know you hit a good one. Now next week i want you to bring the driver"

OMG! The driver! that sucker isn't my 5 iron! or my 7 iron! which I've mastered! The driver is heavier!
but as my more positive SO said to me earlier "just think.. it's going to go ALOT farther than your 5 iron"

I guess he has a point.. if i can plow that ball 125 yards with my 5 iron, i certainly can smack it into next week with my driver.. I'm looking forward to it.. BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites