Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Workouts #3 & #4

It's definitely the Yoga and Vitamins.
Friday was workout #3 of my self-challenge. Like prior workouts this one was just as hard if not worse. I also weighed in 4 lbs lighter than the day i started. I'm very happy about that to say the least.

I stretched upon arrival and he had me run for three minutes on 5.2 on the treadmill with 1.5 incline for 3 minutes to warm up.

Immediately from the treadmill to the following
2 sets each 25 reps of each

Forward lunge with twist holding 10lbs
Step ups on the bench
Elephant trunk swing between legs with 10 lbs weight
Chin ups with lat bar pull down 40 lbs then 50 lbs
Upright Row with band
Pull backs with band
Jumping jacks
Push ups
and something like a standing mountain climber 1 minute
Abs 1.5 minutes each:
Lie on back arms raised next to ears. Touch right arm to left leg lifting both and vis a vis
Planks

Took the potassium, magnesium, Complex B, C and Calcium.
I did my own Yoga that night and viola! no pain.. a little stiffness, but no pain.

Today was workout #4. Brutal just brutal.
I did the same regimen with the vitamins and tonight i had Yoga class so I'm in tip-top shape already!
Here was the workout from today (#4)
5 minute warm up on the stair climber at level 4

2 sets each / 20 reps each
Lunges with 10lb weights in each hand
Side step ups on bench
Elephant wings with 10lb weight
Jumping Jacks 1 minute

Chin pull downs 45 lbs
Upright rows with 10lb dumbbell (i couldn't do 2 10lbers it was too much for my shoulders)
then i switched to the machine and used 15lbs with the bar
Alternating over-head presses with band
Dips

No time left for crunches today though.. ugh

In Yoga class we had some more of the same type of teachings as the last time i went. There were exercises for triceps, and the happy dog was triceps as well. A lot of hamstring poses and warrior poses too. All in all it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites