Friday, November 14, 2008

The Biggest Loser

I have to give credit where credit is due.
Those people on that show are amazing. From start to finish they are a true inspiration to everyone, not just those that are overweight.

I, for instance, weigh just over a buck. Almost 10lbs heavier than 2 months ago. Where this weight gain is coming from has baffled me and I'm not happy about it. I've done the checks and balances and cannot ascertain how this is and has happened.. but i digress.

Today, in my personal training session with the corporate trainer, i walked in with a goal. That goal was to have him push me to the limit that they do on The Biggest Loser. Silently hoping he would start me next week i was surprised when he moved on me right then and there. I was not ready for what was about to unfold.. For 30 minutes he busted my ass, and i mean BUSTED. I won't be walking up stairs this weekend that's for sure. Which is fine because i won't be able to carry a laundry basket either so it won't matter.

I have been working out since i was 16 years old. Not hard-core like the body builders but i stay in shape. (That is why this surprise in weight gain is bothering me.) Needless to say my training session with Mike has rocked my proverbial world. Though i have worked out pretty seriously at times i have never had orders barked at me and almost near yelling to get me moving.. 1 MORE! 1 more? 1 turned into 5 more! but all worth it. NO breaks in between sets AT ALL except to drink water and even that was at his discretion (which was fine it was mostly after each set so there was no danger to me with hydration). I never sweated as much as i did in the 18 years i have been working out like i did today. I actually felt like i was going to puke at one point, thankfully i didn't.

Needless to say I'm happy with this experience. I actually felt that i accomplished a GREAT workout. He gave me instructions for the weekend that i have to follow as well, and being the people pleaser that i am I'll do what I'm told just so i don't have to answer to him if i don't. I'm hoping i see the results quickly, and I'm excited for Tuesday when i go back.

Today's workout consisted of the following:
3 sets each:
20 forward lunges
15 elephant swings with the medicine ball
1 minute jumping jacks
10 step ups per leg on the bench

3 sets each:
20 pull backs with the band
10 push ups
1 minute mountain climbers
20 upright rows with the band

1 minute crunches with weight
1 minute bicycles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites