Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is just about here! YAY! My FAVORITE holiday by far.. No gifts, no hype, just great food, football, and 4 days of rest (or shopping depending on how you spend your black Friday/Saturday/Sunday).

I love to reflect on the past year and all of the things i have to be thankful for. Some people may do this around New Year's, but i do it on this day because it means more to me. I have tons to be thankful for this year:
First and Foremost our troops. If not for them i wouldn't be blogging right now probably. Have a Happy Thanksgiving guys and gals may you all return home safely to your loved ones!
Having all of my senses in tact and working properly-FINALLY!, a job, a nice car, a place to live (or two lol), great family, friends, Kyle and his family, my co-workers (namely Sandy), my boss George, my corporate trainer Mike, 3 great puppies Delta/Miki/Jake oh and Kitty, Blogger (because i can share my creativity with the world!), the strength to quit smoking and the strength to keep the quit (8 months today!), Yoga and my Yoga instructor, Outback Steakhouse for their Bloomin' Onion (it makes my taste buds happy), no more Panic Attacks, and very very very mild anxiety attacks now and again (you all KNOW how bad THAT was wow), Golf and my Golf Instructor George, Charlie Browns for their salad bar, West Virginia-please never change, The I.T. Dept. at work! YOU GUYS ROCK!, having a creative mind, law enforcement, and anything else that escapes my mind at the moment.. oh yeah.. My Espresso, oh and Lattes from Dunking Donuts!

So to all of you that stumble upon this place over the next few days have a wonderful, safe, healthy, restful, thankful, Happy Thanksgiving. And to show my appreciation for your support in my life no matter what level, here is an e-card just for you!
http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=199516151&m=4702&rr=y&source=bma999

Oh, and if you are looking for a quick easy dessert to bring to dinner.. try my Pumpkin Muffins

HUGS!
~T

Here is a joke a nice guy posted on my brother's website americanmustangs.net
I hope you enjoy!

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift.
The parrot had a bad
attitude and an even worse vocabulary.
Every word out of the bird's
mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.
John tried and tried
to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words,
playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up"
the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot.
The parrot yelled
back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder.

John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in
the freezer.
For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and
screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet.
Not a peep was heard for
over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly open the door to the
freezer, the parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and
said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and
actions.
I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions
and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and
unforgivable behavior.
"
John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.
As he was about
to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior,
the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites