Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oh Miki You're So Fine


I'm the best daughter in the world.. I think anyway lol.
Anywho. Today i took my Puppy Delta to Petco for her grooming. Before they discharged her i had to pay. While I'm standing in line the cutest puppy tugged on my pant leg with her paw. So i of course had to show her some lovin! At the end of her leash was a woman and i had asked how old (6 Months) and her name (Twinkie). Then i noticed the red bandanna around her neck said Adopt me Please! So I did!
Delta got along with her great at the store and Twinkie gave kisses to her and palled around with Delta for a good portion of the time there filling out paperwork.

They both hopped in the car for the trek home and they love hanging out together and playing outside. I called my Mom, who was in Atlantic City and told her what i did. hee hee.. she wasn't thrilled, but it was too late!

Ya see, Kyle had asked me about 3 weeks ago to move in with him. I'm in the process of trying to make that transition. It would be easier had i not have to commute an hour to work and back everyday, plus tolls, gas, wear and tear, etc. and with winter upon us the SNOW.. i don't drive in the snow after it hits 1 inch and the roads start coating, i certainly am not going to travel 50 miles in it, and when my company moves 75 miles in it. So I'm trying to get through the winter at home then move up in the spring time. At least that's the plan anyway thus far.

Anywho, Delta is coming to Kyle's with me when i do finally move. My mom is super upset and has been looking for a dog to train and get situated before i leave, but has been having a very hard time finding the perfect fit. Well after seeing sweet little Twinkie today i knew she would be a perfect fit.

My Mom came home from AC today and fell in love with her. Twinkie truly is the most adorable puppy. She has almost the same facial markings as our dear Maya that passed almost 2 years ago. Her birthday is 1 day before my Mom's and she was a rescue dog. They found her, her siblings, and mom on the side of the road in Virginia somewhere.
She has been spayed and trained and is almost completely house broken already.

The only thing is her name. She doesn't LOOK like a Twinkie (I don't have a picture yet, but once i do I'll update the post) and when she gets older and bigger (Shepherd/Collie mix) it certainly won't be cute anymore. After many considerations we stopped on Miki. She responds to it well and it kind of fits, but honestly I'm not digging it for her. I think I'll have to hit up one of the baby name websites to pick out a name!

1 comment:

  1. awww ... she sounds like a sweetie. You did a good thing, adopting a pet and giving her a good home.

    ReplyDelete

Add to Technorati Favorites