Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Feel The Burn

TD12

I had a lot of energy yesterday, and I felt I needed to step up my workout just a notch, so I decided on ChaLean Burn 1 AND Burn 2 back to back.

That was a pleasant torture!

I was able to do it because ChaLean isn't a FAST PACED program; you perform slow controlled reps. Don't be mistaken, it's WORK, but it doesn't tax your cardio levels so you can reserve energy. I was shaking like a leaf my muscles were so taxed, and because she does upper and lower body at the same time, my entire body was shaking. I was drowning in recovery drink when I was complete! and a hot shower to relax my muscles.

There were a few times I wanted to call it quits, but I didn't. I kept on bringing it until I was done. I had to keep reminding myself that the want to quit was all in my head, my body still had more to give, and give it did! Until the very last routine. I had to do tricep push-ups. I eeeeeeked out 1. I tried for 2 but my arms could not lift up my body, at all. That was a weird feeling; my brain was like "you can do this!!!" my arms FELT like they had the will, but my body stayed on the floor. 

Then I rolled over, the dogs thought I was playing and starting licking my face, and that's when I realized that the black dog, that is a LAB, needs to be trained to fetch my recovery drink. Maybe I'll put a barrel around his neck like a Saint Bernard! lol

Today, I can feel every single muscle in my body, and I LOVE THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites