Monday, August 24, 2009

TTFN

Every time he said it I could never remember what it meant. Though he told me a thousand times over, it just never clicked, until now.


On Friday August 21, 2009 my family lost a great man.

It was sudden and completely unexpected and has left us all in shock, devastated even.

My Mom is completely and utterly devastated and it’s crushing every fiber of my being.


You never truly know how much someone means to you or fits into your family until they don’t exist anymore. The life-interrupted a few nights a week, the “pinch your fur” my Delta had to endure that secretly she loved, but Miki knew better. The laughter at the family night dinners at the most inappropriate of conversations. I think he was probably the only person besides my Fiancé that could laugh at those topics lol.


He taught me all sorts of useless and obscure information. Like in India they kill female babies until they have a male baby, (I just thought that happened in China). He also steered me towards the Episcopalian Church when I was having a problem with the Catholic Church.


He would give me pointers and hints when I was going for Golf lessons, and for the most part, they worked. He would let me have his Golf magazines when he was done with them so I could read the articles and get hints and pointers from the pros. He introduced my Mom to the sport of Golf. Which she is very good at by the way. They golfed everywhere together: Vegas, Jersey, you name it they went there. I also think this is what she needs now. A hobby and a sport that she can have a positive memory of him and it will keep her busy and in the social environment.


He lived life very loosely. Nothing really bothered him too much. He kind of just ‘went with the flow’. He loved his wine, he loved his golf, and he loved my Mother… Most importantly, he loved my Mother; he loved our family and we loved him just as much. He made my Mom very happy and vis-à-vis. They were the best of friends, they laughed, they cried, they partied, they dined, they golfed, they frequented AC and Vegas.


I tell my Mom to be strong, but I know the feeling. She’s empty inside, which will eventually fill back up, it’s just going to take time. She will be ok though, she’s a strong woman. He would be extremely angry at her if she whittled away, he would want her to continue partying, continue golfing, and continue living until it was her time to hit the Tee, that I’m sure he has already reserved for her.


So Ta Ta For Now Baker.. You are missed greatly.. just keep our clubs clean and shoes ready.. we will eventually have a good day on the course. May all of your holes be Eagles.


Love

T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites