Tuesday, August 18, 2009

That "Feeling"

My Fiance' had that feeling Saturday after we ate dinner before he started his shift. You know.. the one that sits in your gut, but you can't explain why or what it's telling you?? You just know it's telling you SOMETHING??

I am a firm believer that when your gut says something, you listen, and listen closely. I went to him and just asked that he take the night off, but he wouldn't. Then i simply asked that he be vigilant, and i put his concern in the back of my mind's filing cabinet for safe keeping. After all, i couldn't let it get to me, that would not have done either of us good. Especially me, the one that has to stay at home dreading that phone call, should it come.

I don't mean to sound cynical, but hey, let's face it, it's a reality all people in and around Law Enforcement must look in the eye every time they put that uniform on. No matter what type of town (quiet or major city) it's a reality. No one is invincible, not even police officers.

I love what he does, as i wanted that same profession for myself, but i aged out. It doesn't take away from the fact that it scares me when he goes to work, but i have to be strong. For him, and for myself.

Thankfully, that night didn't reveal anything dangerous or major, at least not for him as he was on the desk the 2nd 1/2 of the night. Although, there was a home invasion while he was inside, and he felt that the juveniles he came across in that area earlier in the night might have been involved. So his gut wasn't totally wrong, something big did, in fact, happen. Luckily for all involved, nothing came of it but reports, and some upset home owners.

1 comment:

  1. You are right. You can't sit home and wait in fear. Glad it wasn't the big bad gut feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Add to Technorati Favorites