Thursday, February 26, 2009

11 months

Stats:
Your Quit Date is: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 10:48:00 PM
Test Time Smoke-Free: 336 days, 7 hours, 4 minutes and 53 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 5044
Lifetime Saved: 1 month, 8 days, 12 hours
Money Saved: $1,493.75

Today is my 11 month smoke free. I can hardly believe it's been that long already. It felt like yesterday, yet, it felt like a lifetime ago.

1 more month it will be a year (rocket science), i still have my last pack, unopened, from 11 months ago. I will celebrate with a swift kick to the can. That was my gift and promise to myself. Kyle doesn't understand it, but i have my logic.

When i quit, i had just bought 2 packs. 1 of them i smoked my last sick stick, and has since been discarded. The other remains unopened to this day, and it never will be. It's fate lies in the trash heap for the rats to kick back and enjoy.

My theory was if i can go day in and day out with this pack sitting in front of me on my desk and not at the very least open it?? This would be my final Quit, the Quit that will stick for good. So far, it has. I haven't craved a sick stick in nearly 6 months. In fact, it makes me sick just smelling it in the air and on people.. the stuff is gross peeps.. you wreak. Not to mention what you are doing to yourselves physically. You won't miss it after while, trust me. It's the best thing you can ever do for yourselves.

Thanks to all that supported me during this 11 month quit. 1 more month to go!

3 comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites