Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Twitter Phenom

Disclaimer: I am in no way advertising or promoting the use of Twitter. I'm just sharing my experience with it.

A while back i blogged about the Facebook Phenom.. It is now the hub of my life! I love it there.
Now, i have come upon the twitter phenom. I've been a tweeter now for a couple of weeks. I've been finding some of my normal twitters to follow: HGTV, Wine, fitness, and just yesterday came upon the NYPD, NJSP, and the FBI and Homeland security. They twitter too!

Now some people might say.. yeah? so what? we hear about it in the news! yeah.. ummm.. no we don't.. The FBI is tweeting about stuff i would never hear about in the news because it hasn't happened in my area. The NYPD puts out tweets about suspects, i'm right over the water so i might actually come upon them. The NJSP does the same thing, along with traffic stops (that's cool!). Homeland security tweets about everything related to them: threat levels, why, where, what's affected etc.. it's great. Officer.com, Policelink, Amber Alert, and NLEOMF tweet as well. This is about as fast as you can get any story, unless you work with that news org.

On an off-law enforcement note: a very famous female trainer that trains on the biggest loser? she's a very negative person.. I've been following her tweets for shits and giggles, and quite frankly she's annoying! lol (just thought i would throw that in there lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites