Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tributes to the Fallen

Every time one of our LE loved ones put their uniforms on and walks out the door to "Protect and Serve" they are putting their life on the line. I know I've blogged about this before, but it is a harsh reality that we have to deal with.

No one but us understands that feeling, that "they may not come home" feeling. The feeling we lovingly put aside in the back of our minds, and pray we never have to deal with it EVER.

When a Police Officer dies in the line of duty, it pains me to see the widow and the child(ren). I piece of me dies. Though, i do not know how that feels, i can imagine the fear, the anger, the lonely feeling that they must be going through. My heart and soul goes out to these women and their child(ren). Mostly i cry for them, i cry for the officer that had his/her life taken just because they were at work.

At work.

A concept most of their murderers don't understand. Their idea of work is selling dope on the street corner, or consuming so much alcohol on a full time basis then getting in their cars and driving. They have no respect for themselves, the law, or the people that enforce it. They kill in fear because they don't want 3 squares a day an i nice 8x5 cell with TV and phones and gyms and libraries.. oh God the horror! They kill the innocent that have families all for their own selfish fears.

I don't want to hear that they have no choice because it's all they know. They OBVIOUSLY know it's illegal or they wouldn't run and/or kill those that are upholding the law. Doing their J.O.B.

If this were to be my FH i don't know if i would be able to show restraint once the tears stopped flowing. I would expect my in-laws-in-blue to find them and hunt them like the animals that they are, and at no cost. I would fight the ACLU and everyone else that tries to stand in my way of a FAIR trial for my FH. By FAIR meaning HIS rights aren't being violated. Justice WOULD be served, and then i will go to Church to work on "forgiving them" but not a moment to soon.

The memories of those that have met their End of Watch never die. We have a National Memorial in DC, which is celebrated in somber yearly during Police Week. Each PD across this Nation and the World have their own in-house tributes for their fallen.

I am moved and touched by the temporary memorial/tribute for Miami-Dade's fallen, which can be seen here
Middletown Rhode Island PD has honored their fallen with a permanent tribute that all who visit HQ can see. click here

These are just examples of what some departments across our Nation are doing to honor their fallen.

What, if anything, does your home town PD do to honor their fallen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites