Friday, July 1, 2011

Spartan Race Photos

Sorry it took so long to post the pics, I was waiting to gather as many as i could.. which isn't much since the Spartans kicked my Dad off of the mountain lol.. So here a few pics he was able to capture until they hauled him off to the lions.







 It was crazy insane fun, and it really tested my resolve. In the months leading up to my event, in Tuxedo NY, I spent a lot of time on their website trying to get a feel for what to expect. Well I EXPECTED a lot of water, carrying buckets of water, mud... MUD they definitely delivered in the form of an uphill mudcrawl as you can see from the picture above. What i did NOT expect was to do most of my journey UP a ski slope and climbing up and over and down boulders for 3 miles. The only water i saw was in the shower pit at the end.

All-in-all it was good dirty fun for a great cause: Homes for our Troops

The Tough Mudder Tri-State in November is for the Wounded Warrior Project. After this, not sure if I want to do that.. being as it's 12 miles in cold weather and THAT has a lot of water and mud.. Who am i trying to impress?! lol We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites